Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,897 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Macker...Apologies for dragging up an old thread, but did you progress any further with your orchestral intonation subsystem for LogicPro? It sounds like a good idea and has piqued my interest.

@Macker said:

.......... I certainly do plan to put out some mockups of a few famous works to demonstrate my orchestral intonation subsystem for Logic Pro, but that's another story..........

www.mikehewer.com
  • last edited
    last edited

Mike, many thanks for expressing your interest in my "Situater" orchestral intonation subsystem for Logic Pro.

It's currently undergoing yet another major redesign - this time in order to implement a feature I've wanted for many years; plus I'm now centralising realtime management for the whole subsystem.

Unfortunately, Apple's enthusiastic but somewhat too impetuous updates of Logic between 10.5 and 10.7.7 left the Environment with too much damage for Situater to operate properly. So I've been pretty much ignoring Situater's development during that time.

Recently however, Apple seems to have had an "Ableton moment" and made a big and determined effort to put Logic back into a fit and healthy state - 10.7.8 bearing the splendid results. (They've even fixed the Transformer's broken 14-bit arithmetic I've been nagging them about for years!) So I'm happily hands-on again.

Please bear in mind I'm retired. Getting Situater fit for public use is taking a lot of time. But I'm making progress, slowly but surely. Sorry I can't give you an ETA.

• No worries Macker. Make sure you let the us know if it ever comes to fruition. More importantly, enjoy retirement ...🙂

www.mikehewer.com