Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,023 users have contributed to 42,199 threads and 254,649 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

  • NEW Synchron Woodwinds

    last edited
    last edited

    Hello everybody!

    Our Synchron Woodwinds are now available at introductory pricing!
    And if you have any of our BBO: Woodwinds Packs already, you will benefit from discounts!!

    The hard facts:
    13 soloists and 7 ensembles: Piccolo, Flute 1+2, Alto Flute, French Oboe 1+2, English Horn, Clarinet in Bb 1+2, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon 1+2, Contrabassoon, Flutes a3, Oboes a3, Clarinets a3, Bassoon a3, Tutti Woodwinds, Low FX Woodwinds, High FX Woodwinds.

    Please note: 2nd solo instruments will be added via free update soon. We tried our best to get it done in time, but due to the current situation a slight delay kicked in.

    As always, you get multiple mic positions, allowing you to create and shape your personal mix - or use one of the many included mixer presets, created by our chief recording engineer, Bernd Mazagg.

    Check out our videos right here!

    ENJOY!


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Woo-hoo! 

    Thanks for bringing out the vouchers at the same time too.

    Merry Christmas!

    xx


  • Gibt es Crossgrade Angebot von Synchronized Woodwinds? Ich habe die erst vor ein paar Wochen gekauft. 


  • Hi Stefan,

    Our Cross- and Upgrade offers are available for instruments with shared content exclusively. 
    That's not the case for SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds and Synchron Woodwinds, so there won't be a crossgrade option. 

    Having said that, it's really cool to have so many options when it comes to woodwinds, and you will hear that both aspects (dry recording with impulse response vs. multi-mic recordings in a scoring stage) are fascinating. 

    Best, 
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you Paul for the response.

    Schade.

    So oder so - ich finde eure Produkte wirklich vorzüglich. Es ist immer wieder ein Genuss orchestrale Klangweiten entstehen zu lassen, die so realistisch klingen.

     

    Beste Grüße

    Stefan


  • Hello Paul,

    congratulation for this new library!
    Could you please tell how many velocity layers does it come with?


    Mac Studio M1 Ultra macOS Ventura 13.4 Studio One 6.5
  • Great release, and thank you very much for the vouchers!

    The price is soo good that can be considered a Christmas gift!

    So, Merry Christmas, Merry Hanukkah, Happy Winter Solstice, and Happy Any Other Holidays to you too!

    Paolo


  • I noticed that Conrad Pope was quoted, in the presentation page of the new collection, saying that the Piccolo was particularly impressive in the Synchron Stage. Happy to see this instrument is included! However, I'm a bit saddened to see there isn't a Clarinet in Eb, the other little elf of the woodwinds family. Maybe just a missing voice in the list of forthcoming instruments?

    Paolo


  • 3 +1 Vouchers ordered. Once received I will follow with Synchron Woodwinds.

    This is an unexpected Christmas treat. If it wasn't for the voucher deal I probably would not have been able to do it.


    Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • Hope it's OK to ask this here, Paul. Do VSL hint about upcoming releases? (will quite understand if 'no comment' is all you can say, but I'm hoping there might be a new Synchron piano coming in 2022 in which case I want those vouchers!)


  • Is there a difference betweeen the ensembles of BBO Orion and Synchron Woodwinds?

    The articulations are the same.

    But what about velocity layers?


  • last edited
    last edited

    Hi everybody, 

    I'm afraid we never talk about unreleased products. Lessons learned 😊. 

    The BBO Woodwinds have been integrated with all velocity layers, we have just slightly adapted the preset structure to allign it with the Synchron logic. 

    Best, 
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Just installing it.  Congrats to the whole VSL team for having produced all orchestral sections for Synchron in just over a year, and that too during the pandemic!  Given VSL quality and attention to detail, that is quite an achievement!  I’m glad you made the call to release Synchron Woodwinds now and not wait a few more weeks/months for the 2nd solo instruments to be ready.  And the vouchers are a very nice bonus.

    If I can be greedy, my Synchron cup would be complete if you released Synchron harps, followed by con sordino expansions…


  • +1


  • Hi

    Will bass flute be added?

     

    Thanks


  • last edited
    last edited

    @welltempered said:

    Just installing it.  Congrats to the whole VSL team for having produced all orchestral sections for Synchron in just over a year, and that too during the pandemic!  Given VSL quality and attention to detail, that is quite an achievement!  I’m glad you made the call to release Synchron Woodwinds now and not wait a few more weeks/months for the 2nd solo instruments to be ready.  And the vouchers are a very nice bonus.

    If I can be greedy, my Synchron cup would be complete if you released Synchron harps, followed by con sordino expansions…

    Yes, thank you VSL for releasing the library now, even without the 2nd solo instruments. This is a great Christmas gift. 


  • last edited
    last edited

    @Paul said:

    Hi everybody, 

    I'm afraid we never talk about unreleased products. Lessons learned 😊. 

    The BBO Woodwinds have been integrated with all velocity layers, we have just slightly adapted the preset structure to allign it with the Synchron logic. 

    Best, 
    Paul

    Hi Paul,
    I can't find anywhere info regarding the amount of recorder velocity layers for Synchron Woodwinds, why it's not advertised?


    Mac Studio M1 Ultra macOS Ventura 13.4 Studio One 6.5
  • Hi lupine, 

    With our Synchron Series, we’ve established a new approach in terms of velocity layers, which is also supported by our timbre shift technology that allows gradual access to so many additional nuances of each velocity layer.
    Any musical coloring between traditional layers is possible, by taking advantage of new technologies that grow as we improve our software and recording approaches over time. 

    Best, 
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

    @Paul said:

    Hi lupine, 

    With our Synchron Series, we’ve established a new approach in terms of velocity layers, which is also supported by our timbre shift technology that allows gradual access to so many additional nuances of each velocity layer.
    Any musical coloring between traditional layers is possible, by taking advantage of new technologies that grow as we improve our software and recording approaches over time. 

    Best, 
    Paul

    Hi Paul,
    I don't understand: how many velocity layers have been recorded for Synchron Woodwinds?
    And what timbre adjust does? It's an artificial filtering/eq?


    Mac Studio M1 Ultra macOS Ventura 13.4 Studio One 6.5
  • last edited
    last edited

    Hi Gabriele,

    We have introduced our Timbre Adjust with Synchron Brass, and it works very well with all of our libraries.
    From that moment on, our perspective on velocity layers as a "benchmark" for the quality of sampled instruments changed a bit. That's why we're not advertising this number anymore.

    Best,
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL