I've installed two VEP7 servers. One several months ago (old), the second yesterday (new).
I have updated the first every regularly (last update was 7.0.1056), the latter I installed freshly, setup version was 7.0.1056 as well.
Although both file versions are the same my old server always says "The file was saved with a newer version of Vienna Ensemble Pro...", when I try to open a server project written with the new server. The problem ist that I need to click an app modal button every time I load a file so loading a project unattended fails.
I found a workaround that may be valuable for someone: I deinstalled VEP7 on the old server and installed the downloaded version 7.0.1056. Problem gone.