Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,955 users have contributed to 42,268 threads and 254,960 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Hi, 

Which locations did you try already?

This should work with the latest version of the Vienna Assistant (will be downloaded upon your next start). 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I am having trouble getting access to BBO from Cakewalk. I have BBO and the Synchron player installed, and BBO works fine from the standalone player. I see both VST2 and VST3 versions of the player in Cakewalk, but I can't connect to any of the actual BBO instruments. I've manually tried setting channel/bank/patch numbers based on what I see in the standalone player but nothing seems to be generated. I have no trouble with the built-in TTS-1 synth.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Bedlam House,

Did you check that your iLok License is activated and that you have download both the sample content and the Synchron Player with your Vienna Assistant?

Here's a checklist for you!

Best,

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Bedlam House, 

Did you check that your iLok License is activated and that you have download both the sample content and the Synchron Player with your Vienna Assistant?

Here's a checklist for you!

Best, 

Paul

I've done everything in the list. Vienna Synchron Player appears properly in the Cakewalk instruments list. Synchron Player standalone properly loads the BBO and is able to play using selected patches. The problem is that I don't get anything from my MIDI track in Cakewalk when using the Synchron Player plugin is the assigned instrument and I can't figure out how to access any options for the plugin.

Cheers,

Bill

• OK, I found how to get the plugin equivalent of the standalone screen up and running (double-click the synth name in the MIDI track inspector) but I still can't get it to take one of the selections for the patch. It shows the patches but I can't really select one.

• Well... I don't know what I did but I finally got it working. I had selected one of the factory presets and the articulation but was getting nothing, then gave up and moved to another synth track. Suddenly I started hearing the BBO along with the new track I was working on, and now it works.

Weird.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Bill

• hello I'm stucked in the Viena Manager in the main page, I don't know what I have to do to install the Sincron Player and also the Big Bang Library..any  instruction, step by step please? Thank you!

• welcome Alfredo62,
    you are posting from an account with no products - you obviously have a second account with the registered Free BBO ... i'd assume you have logged in to the Vienna Assistant just with the wrong account ...

hth, cm

edit: i would _not_ recommend to use an email address as forum nick ... web spiders can grab it for spamming

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody!

So our FREE Big Bang Orchestra gets a lot of attention and if you are reading this, you probably want to know more, or get some help with your setup. 

We have just improved our installation routine massively, but as always with software, there are a few pitfalls (that will be a bit painful if you start Step 2 before you finished Step 1).

So the most important advice is: 

1) Download and install the latest Vienna Download Manager.  

WAIT until this step is done and the Download Manager is installed. 

2) Click the link in your confirmation mail and let the process guide you through installation 😊

Our FAQ's will guide you through the most common troubles, and installation should be done in less than 5 minutes. 

For existing users (who are used to the "classic" installation procedure): 

These products are involved in the installation and playback routine (always get the latest version): 
    eLicenser Control Center 
    Vienna Download Manager & Vienna Synchron Player

Once you have these installed, it's smooth sailing: Click the link in your confirmation mail and follow the steps. 

Questions? Don't be shy!

Best, 
    Paul & the VSL Team

1. I click on the link for 'Vienna Download Manager' and I don't see it. Maybe I'm blind but where do I actually find 'Vienna Download Manager'? Thank you.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Tracy,

That thread slipped through... it's for the original eLicenser version of our Big Bang Orchestra.

I have just opened a new thread, pointing to the Free Instruments installation instructions!

Best,
    Paul