Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,123 users have contributed to 42,439 threads and 255,737 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

  • Constant DCOM errors

    Main computer: Mac Pro running El Capitan (10.11.6) and Digital Performer 9.5. Secondary computers: 2 custom PC's running Windows 10.  All 3 computers are running the latest Vienna Ensemble Pro (6.0.1.16778).

    I booted up my setup and I'm getting constant DCOM errors. Every time I try and do anything on the Mac, I see the error pop up on both of the secondary computers. Just now, all I did was change the buffer size on the Mac and I got the error again. (Note: the main Mac simply goes to an interminable spinning beach ball. The DCOM error appears on both of the secondary PC's.)

    The exact text of the error is: eLicenser Control Error: The Application Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 has caused the following error: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed. Error: the object invoked has disconnected from its clients."

    I have no idea why eLicenser would be having a problem, since both those computers have dongles, have no other problems, and indeed, VEP is working just fine when it's not giving me the error. But I've had the error several times in the past half hour alone.


  • Did you try uinstalling and reinstalling eLicenser?  And/or first running the maintenance process when eLicenser starts up?

    I seem to recall having a few previous instances over the past year of errors (maybe not exact same) that were just resolved by doing either or a combination of those.


  • I just tried that and am still getting the same error.

    I made sure to update the eLicenser software (it was not the latest version -- and doesn't offer an auto-update function so I had to manually download), then once I was on the latest, I ran the maintenance.

    Still getting the (very frustrating) error. It's always something with this setup...


  • The only other potential solution I noticed might be antiquated/inapplicable by now but was for an error reported by a Cubase user on the Steinberg forums back in 2011.  It involved a configuration change under Data Execution Prevention in the System settings.

    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15683

     

    I got the following error with my eLicenser after upgrading it to version 6.3.4.2082

    Application 'LCC2' has caused the following er 
    ror: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.
    Error:Unspecified error


    The sollution that worked for me was this:
    1.Open the Control Panel
    2.Select [System]
    3.Select [Advanced Settings]
    4.Under [Performance] select [Settings]
    5.If DEP is available on your system, a DEP tab will be present in the Performance Setting dialog. Select this tab if it’s present (if it’s not present, then your system doesn’t have DEP).
    6. Select [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]:
    7. Add SYNSOPOS.EXE from the folder [Programfiles/elicenser/pos] or wherever you have this file.