Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,684 users have contributed to 42,180 threads and 254,555 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Autosave not working 6.0.15864

I just lost hours of work due to VEP 6 not Autosaving.

I tested it and set Autosave to 1 minute and absolutely nothing happened.

Latest version.....Please look into it because it didn't happen before the last update.

• Hi, 

It works fine here. 

Which OS are you working on?

EDIT: Seems like only server projects (*.vesp) are added to the backup, but no *.vep files. We are looking into it!

Thanks for reporting!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi,

The VE Pro Autosave will save a Server Project (.vesp) when in Server mode and a VE Pro Project (.vep) when in Standalone mode!

I just checked again and it indeed works fine here...

Best, Marnix

• What's the deal on this issue?

I'm on VEP 6.0.15864 (latest) on Windows 7 and just lost 3 hours of template building work with 15 minute autosave set. Every 15 minutes things would pause and progres bar appears as if save is functioning, but the file itself hasn't been updates since it was loaded. SOS

• Hello??

Just lost another hour of work because Auto-safe randomly stops working.

I'm sure it works fine over at your tech support facility but there are many complaints about this and you guys really need to fix it. Try loading a bunch of sample libraries instead of just using a blank template.

When I don't load anything it works fine here as well.

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/48073/How Recover Project After A Crash/267889

• Hi JoPo,

My apologies for this late reply.

As I wrote earlier, the VE Pro Autosave will save a Server Project (.vesp) when in Server mode and a VE Pro Project (.vep) when in Standalone mode!

On Macs, the autosaved projects will by default be saved into Macintosh HD/Users/#username#/Library/Application Support/VSL/Vienna Ensemble Pro/autosave/ and on PCs they will be saved into C:\Users\#username#\AppData\Roaming\VSL\Vienna Ensemble Pro\autosave\

These projects will not be listed in the Recent Projects, but rather have to be loaded manually.

Best, Marnix