Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,799 users have contributed to 42,186 threads and 254,594 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 27 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

  • VEP6 bug in MIR pro, unable to drag/zoom

    I made an unlisted video of the issue:



    Basically, when I turn on a 3rd-party instrument plugin, all click/drag functions cease working.

    Any solution for this?


  • I've never seen this happen before, but then I don't use Spitfire here. ;-)

    Joking apart - may I please ask you to send a message to support@vsl.co.at, including a reference to this thread? This is not a known issue, as far as I can tell. Thanks.

    Kind regards,


    /Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I have the same problem with Pianoteq 5.8.1 (AU ou VST) plugin.

    VIP, VEP and Logic X = most recent upgrade.

    C.B.


  • last edited
    last edited

    @Dietz said:

    I've never seen this happen before, but then I don't use Spitfire here. 😉

    I only use it for the low budget gigs. 😉

    I'll send a support email.  Thanks!


  • Hi, 

    Does un-docking and re-docking the MIR PRO window help?

    Best, 
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

    @Paul said:

    Does un-docking and re-docking the MIR PRO window help?

    YES 

    (I feel like I should have tried that already.)

    It works, and when I go back and engage any functions in the 3rd-party plugins after undocking, the click/drag functions still work.

    Thank you!


  • Hi Stephen,

    good to hear that Paul's workaround did the trick.

    Could you please do me a favour and try to reproduce the issue with VE Pro used in stand-alone mode (i.e. not in Server Mode)? I tried to provoke the same behaviour here, to no avail. But as I don't use Logic X on my laptop I want to rule out this potential influencing factor.

    TIA & kind regards,


    /Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

    @Dietz said:

    Hi Stephen,

    good to hear that Paul's workaround did the trick.

    Could you please do me a favour and try to reproduce the issue with VE Pro used in stand-alone mode (i.e. not in Server Mode)? I tried to provoke the same behaviour here, to no avail. But as I don't use Logic X on my laptop I want to rule out this potential influencing factor.

    TIA & kind regards,

    Dietz,

    I was unable to replicate the same thing in VEP in stand alone.  Hope that information helps!


  • Thanks! That's important information.

    Kind regards,


    /Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi I've just purchased the new Pianoteq version 6 (much improved). Same GUI problem as with v5. Paul's workaround still work but will we see a fix someday for that bug? Thanks, C.B.

  • Hi C.B., 

    Which OS and versions of software is this, please?

    Best,
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Last update for VEP and VIP. Last Update for Mac OS Sierra, Logic Pro and Pianoteq. IMac i7 32 Gig, Fusion drive for OS and software. External SSD drive for VSL instruments. Claude

  • Hi, 

    I can confirm this. Hopefully we can fix this in one of the next updates (not scheduled yet). 

    Best,
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you for your quick response!

    Claude