Smarter, better ideas on this anyone ?
All VSL clients understand piracy, we create music that is the most pirated item in the world.
MIchael from VSLsays it here clearly: VSL clients will loose their entire investment to their products the second their key is damaged or lost !
About VSL/Michaels examble: If you invest money to buy an expensive car, you don't automatically assume that you need to buy a new car if you loose or damage the key. The seller should absolutely state clearly every step of the way that this is their policy, why would they not...? Because it does not make any sence.
Especially, when the key itself is a 1-inch piece of cheap plastic sticking out of a computer.
- VSL should state their policy clearly every step of the way and let their customers decide if this makes sence
- state and remind this clearly upon buying, registering and updating
- use a licence that can be traced and changed over the internet
- use a license that is not a cheap, small piece of plastic (a fist size metal cube?)
- do not use a method where you assume and punish all clients as they were pirates
VSL, you know software, we are not all pirates and support your efforts, but this is not smart or correct. Step one, don't defend it, improve or change it. I know you can. I lost my investment and I am not a pirate.