Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,188 users have contributed to 42,209 threads and 254,695 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] Cannot connect to VE Pro 5 from a Logic Pro X project

Hi,

I have this big issue I must solve as soon as possible, to continue my work... I was working on a huge project in Logic X Pro and I was working with an istance of VE pro 5 without any trouble. After opening the project once again, I wasn t able anymore to connect with VE pro. No availalbe istance appears on the server interface. So I tried to reload VE pro Au plugin, even on a new instrument track, without positive resoults.  The strange thing is that opening another project (or starting a new one) within Logic Pro, I AM ABLE to find and connect the istance I was looking for. So it s seems like that single project is bugged.  I
    hope to have some tips from you soon!

Best,  

Fabio

• Hello Fabio, 

What are your network settings?

You should definitely use static IP addresses, and avoid 169.x.x.x addresses (these are automatically assigned by your computer and tend to change).

Please try the following:
    Manually assign one of these IP addresses to the computers in your setup: 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x, and assign a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 (leave the other fields blank), then it should work. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, thank you very much for your reply. I'm checking the network settings. By the way I was studying the problem and it happens that other 2 projects very similar in size with the one that is's not working (almost same number of tracks and busses), are giving me the same troubles. So it's seems it's a matter of the size of the project? ( it's really huge) and actually it's using many istances of VI pro connected to Mir Pro. Thank you again!

• For every one that could be experience that issue. Everything is fine after updatung from 5.3 to 5.4