Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,613 users have contributed to 42,366 threads and 255,351 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 70 new user(s).

• Help diagnosing VE Pro CPU problem

Hello there,

I am currently setting up VE Pro for the first time on a single computer.  I have read in several places online that building a template using a different VE Pro instance for each instrument is a good way to go.  

However, having so far only created instances for my woodwind instruments, I am already encountering problems with my CPU level being very high, even when the system is idling.

As soon as I disconnect from a sequencer, the CPU level drops to almost 0% with the instruments still loaded into RAM.  So it seems to be a problem with the connection to the my DAW.  I have tried with Logic and Cubase and the problem is present with both.

I tried another experiment and simply created 12 VE Pro instances which I left empty of any instruments, and still the CPU level was hovering around 40%. 

What could be causing this?  I have Googled around, and several people seem to have had similar issues, but I can’t find a definitive answer as to what causes this.

Hopefully there is somethine else simple that I'm missing that will result in an easy fix.

Thanks for any help!

_Lawrence

Computer specs:

Apple Mac Pro 5.1 (Mid-2010)

2 x 2.4 Ghz Quad Core Processors

64 GB RAM

I am using a crappy Edirol UA-25 audio interface at the moment, which is also the input for my MIDI keyboard.  Could this be the problem?