Win 7 64 bit SP1 Aero on, i7 4930, RME Babyface, 64gb RAM, Cubase 8.0.0 64 bit, VEP 5.3.13407
VE Pro tracks audio muting when switching between channels in Cubase if asioguard is set to normal or high.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. In Device Settings, enable asioguard, set to nornal or high.
2. Open VE Pro server and create two instances. Insert VIs on first channel of each (I'm using Kontakt 5 and Play for a test, but think the VIs used are irrelevant).
3. Create two VEP rack instruments, and connect to the two VEP instances.
4. Switch between the two VEP tracks in the Cubase project window (or switch monitor enabling between them)
5. Result is that the audio output mutes as they are switched.
Note 1 - length of time that the mute occurs varies according to the general complexity of project, whether or not playing back at the same time, and the asioguard setting. I've experienced up to approx 3 seconds.
Note 2 - problem does not exist when asioguard is set to low. Audio is uninterrupted.
Note 3 - had a report of identical symptoms on nMP 2013, 6 core 32GB ram OS X 10.9