Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,687 users have contributed to 42,180 threads and 254,555 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• An Idea for faster loading.

I use Cubase as composing platform and my templates are very large and take a good amount of time to load.

I had an idea I wanted to share that I think is worth checking out.

I would like to be able to open a metaframe in the background of my composing machine that would remain connected to the 3 or 4 PC's I have all of my orchestral samples on and when I load Cubase I would be able to see all the midi and audio connections as if it was part of my aggregate audio setup and midi set up.

This way my templates would load almost instantly and I would always be connected to the machines downstairs. I could even have different mixing setups or different metaframes for diffent typses of projects or templates.

If this is not possible now I would recommend this feature.

Thanks for making great stuff.

• Buy a SATA III card

Buy 2 x or 3 x 256 GB or 512GB  SSD (this depends of the size of your VSL lib) (there must be the same)

Buid a raid 0 with those ssd

Put VSL lib on SSD

You can add another 256 or 512 ssd for the system 

This will allow to reduce the preload buffer size (See in VSL Directory manager) allowing to load more samples in memory

Dont forget to backup your VSL lib on a HD

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic