Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,715 users have contributed to 42,180 threads and 254,558 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Instrument Pro Remote

Hi there,

Trying to get this running, and while it is 'there' on my iPad (iOS 7), I cannot change the screen, which is basically stuck at a resolution in which I cannot access all of the features. All I can see is a huge AI square, with a few of the parameters underneath it. Refreshing Safari doesn't do anything, that is when I can actually get at the controls of Safari. Also, I don't understand why such a program isn't just available at the App Store? I don't believe this having to run it through Safari business.

• As soon as you load an insturment in VIP the screen will fill.

This used to be an app.  Not sure why it got changed.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Hi, thanks for your reply.

This is what I see when I've loaded the App Strings in the Epic Orchestra. I cannot get it to display the whole screen. This is very frustrating. The visible parameters will move (articulations) and the controllers, but that is it. When I load the remote, it briefly shows most of the screen, then ends up here with no ability to adjust it. In this state, I cannot even access any of the controls in Safari, though when I did set it up initially and Safari's controls were there, refreshing did nothing to fix this.

• What you are seeing on your iPad is correct. Mine looks exactly the same.

The iPad version does NOT look exactly like the VI plugin window on your Mac.

• How the heck is it supposed to be useable?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

May I ask: Did you watch the video tutorial?

The App is a MIDI Remote Control that is designed to work with presets. It is focussed on the performance aspect of VI PRO, not the configuration (=> "REMOTE App").

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Yes I did watch the tutorial. Thanks for clarifying. I could've sworn I saw some screenshots of what looked like the VIP interface that looked like the interface on the computer (on the software page). I must've been looking at the actual VIP page, I guess. I dunno why I am having such a difficult time with your software. I usually don't, but I am intent on getting it all figured out (just ordered SE II from Thomann on Saturday). When I am ready to ask some specific questions about VEPro, I'll do so. Right now, my time resources are not good. My brain seems to be in stasis, as well.

Bombadil

• Hi, 

No worries, we´ll definitely try to help!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL