Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,358 users have contributed to 42,391 threads and 255,494 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 67 new user(s).

• non-Hans Zimmer spiccato

I was inspired by the other thread to make some non-Zimmer spiccato

http://www.mediafire.com/?mx07729y79qw0kc

• Fantastic! How did you get that realism and balance?! I want to know all your secrets right now! PM me, I don't want anyone else to know them of course. It will be between you and me. You give, I take. Deal?

In all seriousness, very well done, I am greatly impressed!

• This does have some really good alternation between a lot of spiccato in different dynamics and short legatos that are very characteristic of this kind of string writing.  The overall sound is very good also -  much better than a mere joke reponse.  (Or some serious responses come to think of it...)

• I'm going to use this thread to share music. No Zimmer.

• Hi there,

is the no. 2 a sort of Steve Reich's repeating pattern?

• Kind of. The foundation is a couple of 4 note sequences that are played at several different speeds at once, and they trade from instrument to instrument. But the changes from section to section are based on my attention span and not any formal basis. I do love Steve Reich though.

• last edited
    last edited

@clamnectar said:

Kind of. The foundation is a couple of 4 note sequences that are played at several different speeds at once, and they trade from instrument to instrument. But the changes from section to section are based on my attention span and not any formal basis. I do love Steve Reich though.

Hi there,

although I'm not a fan of "minimal (or reiterated) music", I really like your "piece". Especially its atmosphere.

Bravo.

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on