Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,661 users have contributed to 42,366 threads and 255,356 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 69 new user(s).

• Cinesonique Young Composer Competition, New Deadline!

I have got a lot of requests to extend the deadline for the competition.

I am of course happy to know that more people can compete and so I have extended the deadline to 31st of March 2012.

The winner will be announced on 27th April 2012.

Good luck!

Best,

Tanuj.

•  You're too old, so forget about it. Unless you want to donate to the prize fund. [:O]

DG

• Here's something that is almost too weird and will really rock your boat.

My mother was 80 on February 8th.

Cue the Molder and Sculley music.......

You now have no choice. I HAVE TO BE A JUDGE!!!!!!![:'(]

•  Sorry, that was obnoxious of me.

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

You're too old, so forget about it.  

DG

WHAT DO YA MEAN???? I AM YOUNG!! I'M FUCKING 12!!!  GIMME THE MONEY!!! I NEED $842 RIGHT NOW! I CAN WRITE LIKE ZIMMER!! I CAN BE LIKE TREVOR!!! I NEED THIS CHANCE DARYL!!!!!! 

oh fuck it. never mind.

That was a wondrous post from Billy - shame he deleted it. It was like the Major in Fawlty Towers ranting at Basil and Basil says 'yes well....forgive and forget ay Major'. 

It's words like vaporize I admire the most. hahahah! Tremendous stuff.

I've just started calling my mother John btw. Does this get me into the competition or not?

•  Can we send something in his "all day's style" ? Listen to the concertos or variations on Happy Birthday's theme for exemple.

• I wrote my latest symphony just the other day. I was hoping to enter it. It has 14 movements which may well be a candidate for The Guiness Book of Records. What's absolutely brilliant about my latest work is that each movement is almost exactly the same as the previous movement, culminating in the finale movement....which is more or less the same as the opening movement. I wrote it this way to overcome any listeners that may have an attention deficit span disorder...or anyone under the age of 35. It's fantastic. It's Symphony No. 187 but I call it The Cut 'N Paste Symphony in hommage to Haydn.

Not Joseph Haydn. 

Rupert Haydn. He lives down the road from me and his father bought him a computer for Christmas. Wealthy family. This kid is fucking awesome. He has every sample library on the planet. He's a phenomenal keyboard player. I'm talking about a computer keyboard. Not one that you play. He's never had a music lesson in his life and can't play a note on any known musical instrument. Already Hans's stable is taking a close look at this kid. I offered to go with him as a pantomime horse if he got an audition. He said it's not that kind of stable. Awesome!

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

I wrote my latest symphony just the other day. I was hoping to enter it. It has 14 movements which may well be a candidate for The Guiness Book of Records. What's absolutely brilliant about my latest work is that each movement is almost exactly the same as the previous movement, culminating in the finale movement....which is more or less the same as the opening movement. I wrote it this way to overcome any listeners that may have an attention deficit span disorder...or anyone under the age of 35. It's fantastic. It's Symphony No. 187 but I call it The Cut 'N Paste Symphony in hommage to Haydn.

Not Joseph Haydn. 

Rupert Haydn. He lives down the road from me and his father bought him a computer for Christmas. Wealthy family. This kid is fucking awesome. He has every sample library on the planet. He's a phenomenal keyboard player. I'm talking about a computer keyboard. Not one that you play. He's never had a music lesson in his life and can't play a note on any known musical instrument. Already Hans's stable is taking a close look at this kid. I offered to go with him as a pantomime horse if he got an audition. He said it's not that kind of stable. Awesome!

Brilliant stuff!

I'm sorry I missed Bill's POVs before he erased them.

Tanuj, good luck with the competition, hopefully something good will come out of it.

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

I wrote my latest symphony just the other day. I was hoping to enter it. It has 14 movements which may well be a candidate for The Guiness Book of Records. What's absolutely brilliant about my latest work is that each movement is almost exactly the same as the previous movement, culminating in the finale movement....which is more or less the same as the opening movement. I wrote it this way to overcome any listeners that may have an attention deficit span disorder...or anyone under the age of 35. It's fantastic. It's Symphony No. 187 but I call it The Cut 'N Paste Symphony in hommage to Haydn.

Not Joseph Haydn. 

Daddy its.. Its me, its me Rupert. Its me.. Your son Rupert..  Mommy sais you're my real biological father. Honest, its you. Paul. This is the best day of my life ! .. I can't wait to tell you that she said you will back pay your allimony by first buying me a new computer / 9000 meg memory with Vienna symphonic Cube.. I can't wait.. Also she said that if you don't comply with her lawyer, she will tell on you. About the child malishous thingy... you know, we won't talk about that here, or mention the abuse thing, but i am elated to talk to you finally after all these years, I can't believe it, you're my daddy. I LLLLOOOVVVEEE YYYOOOUUU DDDAAADDDYYY. While we're introducing ourselves here can I get you to get Herb to make the MIR application compatible to my DAW. My mommy sais you can make anything happen, Because if you don't she will take you to the cleaners. That's very nice of her taking you to clean your cloth's. Also my brother 873 and sisters 872 & 871 are dying to get to know you. We can't wait to see what you will give us for christmas. I can't wait to give you a hug daddy... I love you... Oh I almost forgot,

Ps.. my mommy asked me to tell you that she will need a kidney transplant ASAP and we may need to borrow one of your kidney's. She's been on dialysis for the past year because of your spousal abuse thing... Anyway, can't wait to see you in real life. We love you daddy... Hugs and kisses ..... You son Rupert !  .... Can I have your Spleen ?