Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,766 users have contributed to 42,181 threads and 254,575 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Running SE from SDCard on Macbook Pro?

I run Logic on the (new) macbook, and compose a lot while i'm traveling. I'm thinking of buying the SE DVD, but since my SSD is full I won't have space for the sample library on the local drive. Easiest thing would be to put it on a 64Gb SDCard, but is this likely to cause any problems? Has anyone got this working already? /Steve

• I guess it will be a question of the I/O speed of your SD card

the best is to try if it is acceptable !

It will depends of the number of tracks you will have to play

I will try to put the system on the SD card and VSL on the ssd

The other solution is to replace your DVD reader with another ssd

You can buy a USB case for your DVD reader

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I haven't actually bought it yet - and was hoping to avoid having to spend > 500 Euro on SE, iLok and SDCard and find that it doesnt work. Also as its a brand new laptop I'm a bit reluctant to start disassembling it, though as you say it could be an option in the future. I dropped an email to sales@vsl, so hopefully they'll have some guidance. /Steve

• Hello! You mention iLok. Is it the same iLok that ProTools uses? Does it also work for the VSL key? Thanx!

• VSL uses eLicenser, not iLok.