Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,835 users have contributed to 42,188 threads and 254,610 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 30 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Will this new Mac setup work for the Special Edition Package

Hello, I'm upgrading my system and I wanted to see what you pro's think about this new computer I'm planning on getting. I want to run the Special Edition bundle to start, then expand, hopefully, into the entire product. This is the machine I'm thinking about getting: •One 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Nehalem” •32GB (4x8GB) •512GB solid-state drive •2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive •ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB •One 18x SuperDrive. I'll be using a combination of Logic and Sibelius for my production. Thanks for your help!

• Hi Todd, 

Sounds good. Not sure if you´ll need that much RAM in the near future, as SSD drives are getting more and more affordable and, e.g., with Vienna Instruments PRO, let you load up to 10x more samples into the same amount of RAM....

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks for the response Paul. I'm excited about this setup. Right now, I'm running the Special Edition basic on a laptop with Vista and 4GB of ram. I had to do a 34 voice orchestra in 3 different sessions, then mix the bounced tracks in a fourth. This setup should eliminate all that hassle. thanks again!