I would just like to report that VEP 4.0.6150 will still crash Logic when presented with too many unconnected instances. Here's a recreate:
- Software versions -
OS: OSX SL 10.6.4
Logic: 9.1.1 (32bit)
1) Create a new blank Logic project
2) Boot up VEP 32 bit server on a slave Mac (over gigabit LAN)
3) Add an instance of the VEP AU plugin into the Logic project
4) Hit "connect" to display the list of available VEP instances in the VEP AU (in Logic)
5) Start adding VE instances to VEP 32 bit server on the slave Mac, name them "instance1, instance2, instance3 etc..."
x) by the time you've added around 22 instances Logic will crash. (On a previous build of VEP I found the magic number to be >24instances).
This works every time, without fail, and other users have reported the same issue. It would seem that this is a (simple?) bug in the "available instances" list building part of the AU plugin. If, as you add each instance to teh VEP Server, you connect it off to a new VEP AU Plugin instance, you can exceed 22 instances (I'm guessing this is because, when connected, an instance is not displayed on the list of available instances in the AU plugin).
Hopefully this can be fixed in a future build.