Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,889 users have contributed to 42,190 threads and 254,623 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• orchestral violins harmonics

When I play the orchestral violins, the harmonics sustain and the harmonics staccato have white noise on the lowest Bb and A. Is this a glitch from my install, or is this a known issue with the recording?

• I haven't checked it, but are you sure it's not bow noise?

• odd. I listened to it, and definitely hear SOMEthing, but my guess is that it probably is just scratchy bow noise. It is slightly noticeable, though. Kind of a swooshy sound, and, peculiarly, seems isolated mostly in the right channel. I also hear it on the lowest C a little bit. But, to me, it just adds an airyness which would get covered up with any verb and inside a mix. But yeah, if you solo it, its kind of there....

Bow noise is my guess :)

• hmm maybe something is seriously wrong with my install then, because its definitely not bow noise over here and its just on those two notes. It sounds like a police radio...i'd record this and post it, but this forum doesn't have that feature?

• weird. this issue has now resolved itself... This makes no sense, because if it was my soundcard, it would be apparent on all voices, not just the bflat and A.