Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,687 users have contributed to 42,180 threads and 254,555 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Can't get Vienna Instruments to work as a VST in Cubase 4

Hello, I've just recently bought and uploaded (the DVDs, etc) the Vienna Instruments Special Edition. I am able to use it as a stand alone player, but so far I've not been able to use it within my cubase 4 program. Can anyone tell me how to import VI into cubase as a VST instrument? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Tim BTW I'm using Cubase 4 on a PC.

• welcome Tim Morse,

during installation of VI you have been asked to select your VST folder, now either cubase doesn't look into this folder or has not yet validated the VST plugin.

please double check the location of Vienna Instruments.dll (in case you're on windows) and/or force validation of the VST plugin manually.

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • [8-|]I had a similar problem

1. Had to shut off firewall and antivirus software before installation of Vienna Instrument software. This meant I had to uninstall the VI software and start over. [8o|]

2. During installation watch like a hawk to make sure when the program asks that you install to ... Steinberg\VSTPlugins.

Should work. Vienna Instrument software works like a charm in Cubase 4.5 (you do have version 4.5.2? )

[:D]