Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,235 users have contributed to 42,388 threads and 255,464 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Soprano choir/ activation code?

I purchased the soprano choir about a year ago and and I licenced it and everything worked fine. Since then I upgraded computers and moved all of my VSL libraries to my new computer. Now the soprano choir has disappeared when I open up the VSL  player. I have looked in my account to confirm that I actually licenced it correctly and I can see that soprano choir is there with a P for permanent licence. How can I get it back?? Do I need to redo the whole activation code process? Thanks for any help.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi nickpancake,

did you assign the Sample Content in your Directory Manager?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  Yes the directory manager has the sporano choirs listed. I have gone into the library installer and tried to re install it but it says I need the licence for it, which I have already have done. Is there anything else I may be doing wrong?

• when you say u looked into your account to see if it was there, do you mean you checked here on the VSL website in your user area?

obviously that says you have it, but have you ran the License Control Center to make sure it is activated there? Thats where your computer checks to validate licenses when starting up. Check in there, and also i would recommend updating to the latest version of the Syncrosoft LCC just to make sure there's nothin weird going on... Ive had a few occasions in the past where the LCC needs to be updated in order to appropriately reflect VSL's communication with the LCC application, as  many instruments often undergo license updates that need to re-jive with the new information updated in the LCC program.

or somethin like that.... If that dont work, contact support at vsl... theyve always been extremely helpful with me in the past :)

- michael

•  nickpancake, the reason is very simple: you have not downloaded the license for the soprano choir to any ViennaKey so far ... for security i'll trigger a resend of the confirmation message to your registered email address.

why did it work until now? assumably you had some demo starts left on your key (all VSL applications), now remaining starts: 0

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  •  I got the new activation code and put it into the licence downloader but I got this odd message.

The following error occured:

Persistent Object Used By Child

What does this mean?

I have the latest version of the Licence Control Centre.

•  this means you are on OS X and had a vsldaemon running when trying to download the license.

please either kill it from the process list  (after quitting your audio aps) or best reboot before downloading the license

hth, christian

• Hi Christian I have the exact same problem. Could you help me out with resending the confirmation/activation code, that would be very helpful! Thanks Rasmus

•  done ...

•  I am on windows xp not os x. I have closed vsldaemon and rebooted but still have not had any luck fixing it.

• uhhh ... please try to delete the logfiles from C:\Program Files\Syncrosoft\LCC\logs\

make sure also no other application (like eg. cubase) is running - best reboot before

does the download wizard mention something like a pending license?

if yes, please complete this license download before continuing.

hth, christian

•  Strange! I didn't have any files in the folder but I tried the activation code again and it worked! So thanks all for the help!