Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,748 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 75 new user(s).

• New VSL computer same Key

How do I use my VSL key  from my old computer on my new computer ? What are the step I need to take ?

•  I believe , as it happened to me, that you have to re-install the Syncrosoft and vienna drivers and all your library in the new P.C.

• 1.  Install the newest syncrosoft licenser.  Then plug in the USB Dongle key.

2.  Copy all of your samples from your old hard drives to the new ones.  This will save you many many hours of time.  If you can't do that, then install the samples from disc (or download) to the new hard drives.

3.  Install the latest version of VI/VE.

4.  Run the library manager and add the folder locations for all the VSL Samples.

Done.

Maestro2be

• This isn't working for me. The library installer doesn't remember any of my folders. Do you have any thoughts on why that would happen?

•  the library installer cannot remember any folder, since it is an installer and you tell it from where it should install what to which location.

after the installation of a library is complete those locations are registered automatically to the directory manager's list of referred locations.

any hints on a used operating system btw? in case OS X try to repair permissions first before watching out for other reasons ;-)

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.