Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,538 users have contributed to 42,463 threads and 255,857 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• Bug with VA-4_perf-trill_leg

Turn down your monitors before trying this.

1. Load VA-4_perf-trill_leg
    2. Depress and release sustain pedal

Result is a metallic, Darth Vader resonance. This is not a show stopper, providing that you know it's there. However, I nearly perforated my eardrums the first time I heard it.

Workaround:

Don't do it.....!

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Turn down your monitors before trying this.

1. Load VA-4_perf-trill_leg
    2. Depress and release sustain pedal

Result is a metallic, Darth Vader resonance. This is not a show stopper, providing that you know it's there. However, I nearly perforated my eardrums the first time I heard it.

Workaround:

Don't do it.....!

DG

OK. I won't then.

Mind you, I don't have Chamber Strings.

Even if I did I still wouldn't.

Thanks for the warning DG. [:D]

Colin

•  I can repdroduce this bug adn we'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting.

best

Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

I can repdroduce this bug adn we'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting.

best

Herb

Thanks for confirming, Herb.

DG

• Not another bug, but I'm curious as to why, with the solo cello VC perf-leg, if you play a legato run down to the open C there's vibrato on it. Can a string player achieve vibrato on an open string with his finger on the nut (if that's what you call it)?

Colin

• VSL did not record open strings, they felt the sound of fingered notes worked better with their samples.

I'd love to have the real open string sound, at least for the lowest strings in the string family. I understand the point that, for instance if, you play a low D on the violin the VI does not know if you want open or fingered D but when you play low G it is obviously supposed to be open and vibrato is unnatural for this note.

It would be a nice compromise to have just the lowest open strings.

DM33

• Also, I've seen a few bug reports on the samples but there has not been any library updates for a year so they have not been fixed.

I know VSL is busy working on more goodies but...

• Cheers DM.

So you reckon that the bottom C on the cello is actually a C# transposed?  Mind you, if you just play the note on it's own there's no vibrato at a lower velocity. It doesn't pose a problem for me..was just curious. Thanks for the reply..

Colin

• Hey Colin,

That is my understanding...that its a transposed note. But maybe VSL will chime and clarify.

Somewhere on this forum I believe Herb explained the open string situation.

I'll see if I can find it.

DM33

• Cheers DM..

• I would better like to have the real C string with no vibrato.

I wonder sometime if some notes are simply duplicated, like in the lower range of the soprano choir…

• Right.

I would like to at least have Open G for the Vlns, open C for Via and Cello, and open E and or the low extended B on the Basses all non-vibrato. It does not make sense to have these notes as vibrato, its just not natural.

Oh well, I hope to see a fix but its not the end of the world.

DM33