Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,861 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,390 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 71 new user(s).

• Windows Laptop

Hi.

I was considering getting a relatively inexpensive laptop for a bit of word processing and internet on the go but then thought it might be worth my while to get one I could use with VE3, as a slave to my Mac Pro. Has anyone out there got any suggestions or recommendations they can make? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers..

Colin

•  after having a quick look into your registrations ... IMO this doesn't make any sense ... with VI/VE going 64bit the better investment would be some memory (if necessary)

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks Christian.

Wouldn't I have to wait for OSX to go 64bit as well though? Can expand my Mac to 16GB no problem but it's more the processor being pushed that concerns me when adding multiple Altiverbs and VS plugins. Cheers..

Colin

•  i'd say depends on the number and type of processors ... can't comment on altiverb, but ViennaSuite is not so demanding as you might fear - i would await confirmed news on the 64bit thing soon ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.