Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,678 users have contributed to 42,366 threads and 255,360 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• Making polyphonic instruments monophonic

Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help me out a bit. I've got a bunch of the download instruments... flute 1, oboe etc etc...

I'm trying to set up a patch in VI so that I can crossfade vibrato and non-vibrato samples for as many instruments as I can. I love the perf-legato patches, they're great... and I need the 'next best thing' for the non-vib patches (which don't have the interval samples)

I was wondering if there was a way I could tweak VI to play back a patch in a monophonic mode?

I've tried playing with the secret polyphony box, but this doesn't get the results I need, as it's more of a technical function. What I'm ideally after is a patch similar to the 'attack automation' patches I can find in some of my DVD instrument collections. Is there any way I can make a patch that behaves like this (or can VSL help me out)?

All I'm after is a legato patch, that can crossfade between vib and nonvib samples on things like flute and oboe. So, a perf-legato patch for vibrato and simulated legato patch for non vib

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,

D.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello David, and welcome [:)],

the best idea is to use Cell Xfade to switch between vibrato and non vibrato patches, if I understood your request right...

Please check out our Video Tutorial on "Stacking and Layering patches".

We have not implemented a "monophonic button", not sure how it could help in this situation, really.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL