Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,321 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,487 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 61 new user(s).

• The audio configuration was changed message

I have  VE2 since a lot of time but in these last days I get the message:

"The audio configuration was changed message"

every time I open it, and so I have to chose the audio/MIDI preferences again and again.

Any help?

Thanks

Sergino

•  i'm receiving such a message if my default / preferred audio device is absent ... any new audi devices installed / disbaled /enabled lately? does that occure as plugin or stand-alone and on which OS?

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Stand alone.  Vista 64 on Bootcamp.   No new audio device.  If I open Vienna Instruments the setting are correct. If I open Vienna Ensemble I get the message.

If I set the parameters and close VE and re-open immediately I get the message as well.

•  a shot into the blue: multiple emtries to the same device for wave and/or midi in the drivers32 section of the registry?

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  •  sometimes that should be, but why the problem is only with vienna ensemble and not with vienna instruments?

• It seemed good to chime in here and mention that I am also getting that same error message, and am also on Vista 64, and that no new hardware has been added.

•  Today I wanted to use some Vienna Suite effect in Vienna Ensemble.

This was the first attempt since I have installed Vista 64.  I have removed the proposed folder for VST plug-ins and added the right one.

Then I have closed  and re-opened Vienna Ensemble, I have found the wrong folder again and not the one I have just added.

So it looks like it looses all the setting, not only the audio configuration.

VE is the 2.0.3452 64bit.

Sergino

•  I'm still getting thie message.

Could you explain what do you intend with

"multiple emtries to the same device for wave and/or midi in the drivers32 section of the registry?"

Why only with VE and not with VI?

Why it loses the VST plugins folder data  as well?

(Vista 64)

Sergino