Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,687 users have contributed to 42,180 threads and 254,555 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Only 7 core are used on my 8 core Macpro 3 ghz

Hello
    I have a song with VSL instrument based on the template given with the VE
    Logic is showing that only 7 core are used

VERY STRANGE

Any idea ?

Is it a bug ?

Is it a Logic or a VSL bug ?

Best
    cyril

P.S. I have just finished my 1st song using VSL, VSL IS GREAT

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • assuming you are using VE as AU plugin ...

finally the operating system decides how many cores are used for a certain application, however the application and further the plugin within the application can request more than one core to be used.

in detail there are more restrictions related to the nature of threading processes (allow an application to use more than one core simultaneously) for audio which can also depend on another plugin (EQ, compressor, reverb, ect)

so you might have run into a situation where threads could only spread across 7 cores ...

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi Christian

Thanks for your answer.
    I am using VI AU.

Before using VSL I was using Kontakt2 with QLSO Platinum but with no EQ and no reverb, and I never saw this, all the processor where used and they where very very busy

I have another little problem, I get a core audio overload the 1st time I play my song.

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril.

I used to have  serious overload problems using just EXS and Kontakt 3 instruments, and not many of them.   Would grind to a halt as many as 10 times when I first played a tune. I have had no trouble in recent times and have to assume that it was updating from OSX10.4.10 to 10.4.11.

Colin