Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,164 users have contributed to 42,207 threads and 254,681 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• FX in Multiple VE2s

Hi.

Having just bought some more RAM, I decided to experiment by opening multiple instances of VE2. This hasn't been a problem in itself. The problem has been in assigning AU effects.

Having loaded all my instruments into the 1st VE,  I have then assigned FX to a bus. No problem here. I  then load up a 2nd VE,  and when I put FX in a bus, the 1st VE goes crazy, issuing a wall of noise until I delete it's FX. The 2nd VE's are fine.The same happens to the 2nd VE when I assign FX to the 3rd, and the same again with 3rd and 4th.

This occurs using any AU, be it Apple or even the Vienna Suite Analyzer. I have no shortage of RAM or processing power and as I posted yesterday, all 4 cores are being utilised. I have repeated this on 3 occassions with the same result.

Are there any restrictions on using AUs when opening multiple VEs or am I missing something else?  I am using Plugins within Logic, not standalone.

Any help will be appreciated.[*-)]

Colin

Mac Pro 2.66Ghz Quad Core  11 Gb RAM  OS 10.4.11  Logic 8.0.2