Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

181,822 users have contributed to 42,187 threads and 254,605 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 27 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Special Edition Standard, and Kontakt 2 and Logic 8

Hello

I have post those 2 questions directly to Paul but apparently he is on holiday !!

1) I have Kontakt 2 and Logic studio 8 which contains a set of VSL instruments, If I buy Vienna Special edition standard what do I get in supplement

2) If I look at : http://vsl.co.at/en/211/442/982/485/684/409.htm
    In the "Standard Library" column It is not said what articulations are available from 05 to 32 (harp, winds, brass and percussions)

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril. The articulations for the Special Edition Standard Library instruments you mentioned are:

Harp - normal, harmonics

All woodwinds & brass - Staccato, sustained, sforzato, legato, legato-sus (= legato cross-fading into looped sustain)

Timpani - single hits (normal & secco), roll

Drums, Cymbals and gongs - single hits & rolls

Percussion - various articulations

Tubular bells, Plate bells - single notes

Boesendorfer grand piano - pedal up, pedal down

Celesta - single notes (normal & soft)

Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Marimbaphone - single notes Vibraphone - single notes (motor off, motor on)

• Many thanks Conquer ;)
    Where did you get the info ?
    Why is it no on the site ?

Best
    Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril, I have Special Edition Standard + Extended so I just looked at the patches! The woodwind and brass articulations are listed on the site but they're written underneath the Extended instruments, which is a little misleading.