Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,049 users have contributed to 42,201 threads and 254,656 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• beginning of a music movie piece

last edited
    last edited

Hi everyone [:)]

Let me please ask you if you would have some advices to give me about the start of this little composition.

It's written on a scene which desribe the physical aparition of time, not well developed idea but here's what comes first to my mind.

Hope it won't be too ridiculous.

Thanks anyway for you concern

Kind regards from Paris.

Nicolas

http://dl.free.fr/niqLjGuAm

• Nicolas,
    I like your piece and the movement into the percussive nature. Very movie-like. Is there a point in the music where 'time' appears. Is it the percussive point? Or is he there from the beginning?

Mahlon

• last edited
    last edited

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Time appears actually at the end of the violins part with the bassi and the piano.

Here is a development i made wich is a little bit more zimmer like.

I don't know if i'll keep this one, maybe it's better to stay in a darker place.

http://dl.free.fr/pvz9t5tMR

Thanks again for your comments it's very nice.

++

Nicolas

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, I listened to it a few times now,

I think you should rethink the section from 0:00-0:40. Maybe it would help to let the strings play half time at the beginning to give the listener an atmosphere, kind of harmonic pad in the strings only the harp giving a light groove, then continue as it is right now at the beginning.

I just did a little sketch for you to show what I mean, just an idea:

intro.mp3

this demo doesen't sound very good concerning the mix, it is just to get an idea of course.

@nicolas.soulat_8658 said:

Here is a development i made wich is a little bit more zimmer like.

Do you want to sound it Zimmer like?

Make it sound Soulat like!

I know, we all have the temptation to sound like the big ones what is OK in a certain manner because we are talking about film music here, but we have to smell them, not touch them [;)]

bonne chance!

christof

• yeah it's actually a very good idea, i would work on that on that quiclky

So you mean maybe changing the bass half time longer and then the violin do so; am i correct?

Your sketch inspires me [Y]

Concerning the Zimmer part, i'm not so found of it, i will only keep the first melodic part and then return to dark places before the violins go to high.

Anyway if you have other ideas go ahead, i like it very mauch.

And thanks for you help and concern

Best regards,

Nicolas

• last edited
    last edited

@nicolas.soulat_8658 said:

So you mean maybe changing the bass half time longer and then the violin do so; am i correct?

Yes, maybe it could help.

You could send me a midi file of your piece, so we could exchange ideas remotley?

• well thanks for your proposition this is actualy a good idea if you don't mind i would rather try with one of your idea 1°) i don't know how to export suitable and usable midi file (yeah i know kind of doofy, i use cubase and i heard this was not very apropriate) 2°) i would love to work one one piece wich is not mine (as simple as it sounds :) Anyway thanks again i'm very pleased to meet you!!! ++

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on