Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

178,893 users have contributed to 42,066 threads and 253,931 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

  • The 40+ Demos For Vienna Instruments Are Not Flattering

    Sorry to be so negative after not having posted here for ages ... but I have to tell you that that the demos created sound:
    insensitive,
    plain,
    synthetic,
    incorrectly mixed,
    and
    inconsistent with natural playing tendancies.

    Everything else is fine. Generally they are hard to listen to ... make one feel uneasy. They don't feel conducted as much as they feel constructed.

    This report in no way voices my opinion of the actual Vienna Instruments themselves, which I think are fantastic, revolutionary, and well worth the wait.

    I hope this post finds it's way to those who can make a difference, as I do believe these demos are doing a disservice to the growth of VSL.

    Evan Evans

  • First thought is that, then one listens closer and compares to a real player and finds the new player out plays a real human for energy and stamina and feel, therefore out plays a real human with the in between bars of synth sounding that needs to be EQed by automation. Requires more automated mixing, more work, so whats new ?

    Thats just my opinion. Not trying to stick up for anyone.

  • last edited
    last edited
    welcome back in VSL-town, evan ...

    @Another User said:

    Everything else is fine
    uhhhm, great than ... [:P]
    christian

    and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • well, yeah. Sorry cm about the I guess negativity of the post. I don't want to sound negative. I just want the best for VSL. I'm tired and it's late, so I'm sure I wasn't very diplomatic. But thanks for the welcome back.

    I'll catch up with you soon. Been very busy with things, otherwise I'd be hanging out on the boards ... you know it!

    [;)]

    Evan Evans

  • last edited
    last edited

    @R.K. said:

    First thought is that, then one listens closer and compares to a real player and finds the new player out plays a real human for energy and stamina and feel, therefore out plays a real human with the in between bars of synth sounding that needs to be EQed by automation. Requires more automated mixing, more work, so whats new ?

    Thats just my opinion. Not trying to stick up for anyone.
    yeah that's cool RK. I am an excellent producer/conductor and also could tweak these to sound better. There are many suggestions that could help. Maybe it's too late though, it would seem so.

    Evan Evans

  • last edited
    last edited

    @evanevans said:

    Sorry to be so negative after not having posted here for ages ... but I have to tell you that that the demos created sound:
    insensitive,
    plain,
    synthetic,
    incorrectly mixed,
    and
    inconsistent with natural playing tendancies.

    Everything else is fine. Generally they are hard to listen to ... make one feel uneasy. They don't feel conducted as much as they feel constructed.

    This report in no way voices my opinion of the actual Vienna Instruments themselves, which I think are fantastic, revolutionary, and well worth the wait.

    I hope this post finds it's way to those who can make a difference, as I do believe these demos are doing a disservice to the growth of VSL.

    Evan Evans


    [*-)]: [*-)]: I was just listening to the strings and was very pleased. must be
    some mud in my ears from the mudslides here on the east coast!

  • Maybe your just as excellent a producer/conductor as Evan? [8-)]

  • What does "falttering" mean, I am unfamiliar with this musical term, is it English?

    Dave Hage

  • last edited
    last edited

    @dfhage said:

    What does "falttering" mean, I am unfamiliar with this musical term, is it English?

    Dave Hage

    I think that Evan was just tripping over his fingers in the rush to criticise. I am also an excellent Producer and Conductor, much more excellenter than Evan, and I think that some of the demos sound very good [8-)]

    DG

  • popcorn, chips, coca cola anyone? [:P]

    and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • ? who's the excellentest producerconductor with the mostest excellentness here? .....probably all of us are smarter than the average bear [8-)] [[;)]]

    yeah, evan's back....now I know why it seemed so QUIET lately

    Love you guys [H]

    Nigel

  • last edited
    last edited

    @Nigel Watson said:

    ? who's the excellentest producerconductor with the mostest excellentness here? .....probably all of us are smarter than the average bear [8-)] [[;)]]

    yeah, evan's back....now I know why it seemed so QUIET lately

    Love you guys [H]

    Nigel

    And the bestest, mostest modestest, with the smallest ego....?

    DG

  • [/quote]yeah that's cool RK. I am an excellent producer/conductor and also could tweak these to sound better. There are many suggestions that could help. Maybe it's too late though, it would seem so.

    Evan Evans[/quote]


    Wow.. just.. wow.

  • Personally speaking I am by far the best music copyist in my street [:D] and I had to have the doors widened in my house just to get my head through!

    Dave Hage

    PS Rule number is, don't take anybody seriously who quotes themselves.

  • last edited
    last edited

    @cm said:

    popcorn, chips, coca cola anyone? [:P]


    Yeah, I'll take some of that. What's the VIP discount for it? [[;)]]

  • last edited
    last edited

    @cm said:

    popcorn, chips, coca cola anyone? [[:P]]

    Yeah, I'll take some of that. What's the VIP discount for it? [[;)]]
    no VIP price, no discount - it's an initial release [[:P]]

    and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I'm an excellent, absolutely the best door ring player in southern Europe.

    Anyone interested?

    knock-knock...

    [6]

  • last edited
    last edited

    @evanevans said:

    yeah that's cool RK. I am an excellent producer/conductor and also could tweak these to sound better. There are many suggestions that could help. Maybe it's too late though, it would seem so.

    Evan Evans

    Fortunatly it's too late and it's so better like that

    Laurent Levesque

  • last edited
    last edited

    @cm said:

    popcorn, chips, coca cola anyone? [[:P]]

    Yeah, I'll take some of that. What's the VIP discount for it? [[;)]]
    no VIP price, no discount - it's an initial release [[:P]]

    Yeah right...the poor Users are stuck with unpaid beta-testing again [6]

    Nigel

  • last edited
    last edited

    @Chinablu said:

    I'm an excellent, absolutely the best door ring player in southern Europe.

    Anyone interested?

    knock-knock...

    [6]


    who's there?

    N