Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,975 users have contributed to 42,333 threads and 255,216 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 32 new user(s).

• I need to contact Spectrasonics or Eric Persing...Where can I do this?
    The best thing would be to call them, it's faster..

My question is: About distorted reality 1 & 2...Are all the sounds I hear in the demo's on those sample cd's? Drums and etc. or are they from another library?

• The Guitar used in BROKEN ARROW is a BARITONE GUITAR. Made famous by Duane Eddy, and actually played by him for the score.

Evan Evans

• Baritone Guitar is best when it is resonating it's extreme features, namely the tight attack of bass notes, straight metallic sustain, and a slight growl during the attack. In order to achieve this you need the best BARITONE GUITAR out there. It helps to have it made completely out of steel, metal, and polished. This gives it a sheen and rich set of overtones that ordinarily would be lost due to the extreme low range being played.

Also, the notes can sometimes sound like the word TWANG. And so it's occasionally called the TWANG GUITAR.

Evan Evans

• Thank you evan! Where have you been? Short vacation? [:D] Nice to hear from you again!

Is there another way to get a baritone guitar without buying it?

It seems that it's rare to have that exact guitar on a sample cd, but does it excist?

• You bet!

Um. I have enough of them that I am fine. Not sure where they are or where I got them, but there are plenty of samples out there. I think I have one from the Roland Library and perhaps from the hans Zimmer guitars actually. Funny, the first thing I played when I got my first Baritone Guitar sample was BROKEN ARROW.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Audun Jemtland said:

Ok, good idea. If I have atmosphere, stylus AND Trilogy on one pc...will it explode?

No, you will do fine with your setup. I still use a XP2400+ with 1GB on my sequencer and I routinely load around 10-15 softsynths when doing pop tracks including at least a couple of Stylus and Trilogy instances.

/Mattias

• so far I know, Eric is a good friend of Hans Zimmer, he used to make some sounddesign for him a couple of years ago! Most of Hans Zimmer guitars heard in his movie soundtracks are done by real musicians, but if you have the Spectrasonics Hans Zimmer Guitars 1 and 2 you are pretty sold on guitars, ... (btw the bariton guitar is on Vol.2), ...

I know it's hard to get into this hole sampling think, but do yourself a favor just buy what you really need, ... (your libraries will grow anyway over the years) ... !

I just followed your threads and saw you are looking for some advices, ...

I hope this helps at least a little bit, make music , get good quality stuff and enjoy, ... in the end all musicians are much better than samples (I am talking about musicians not "wanna bees, [;)]!)

best, andy

• Audun,

You should really join the Northern Sounds forum.
    Eric is also actively participating there, using the nick name Spectrum.

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

You will pick up a lot of interesting info on samples and making music with them. It's the most active forum on sampling.

Success,

Peter

• [:)]

I'm amazed and filled with respect for you guys, who i know are busy pros,
    answering with such patience and informative detail. I suppose you could almost call it web-mentoring!!

Nigel

• You got that right! They sure are helpful....
    Hey I just found a synth bass in cubase sx 2.....the a1 synth...wich could be tweaked a bit so it sounds like the media venture bass.

Have you guys tried this synth module?

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on