Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,684 users have contributed to 42,667 threads and 256,811 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

1.  Are you using the latest version of VE Pro?
    2. Are you using the latest version of eLicencer?

DG

• Yes to both questions. I am not sure why but sometimes the seq will let me add an instance but the minute I press a key on the controller I get the "spinning ball" and both VE and Logic freeze

•  After updating your software did you repair Permissions?

DG

• I'm repairing right now.... will report in a few.

• ok so I've (1) installed the latest version of VEP that I can: 4.1.9753 (2) repaired permissions. (3) opened a new session with VE connected....everything seems fine until... I close the current project and try to open a new one. Then I get a system dialog box that says "Vienna Ensemble Pro has quit unexpectedly" Any ideas? Is this happening to nobody else? —L.

• Happening with me too using VE Pro, Pro Tools 10 (Lion) and EW Play.

• Just checked over at Soundsonline Forum and the first post over there is someone with the same VE Pro Crashing problem.

• I guess I should restore my mac to Snow Leopard. ARGH

• last edited
    last edited

@zipperplug said:

ok so I've (1) installed the latest version of VEP that I can: 4.1.9753 (2) repaired permissions. (3) opened a new session with VE connected....everything seems fine until... I close the current project and try to open a new one. Then I get a system dialog box that says "Vienna Ensemble Pro has quit unexpectedly" Any ideas? Is this happening to nobody else? —L.

Did you try 5.0.10068? It works around that exact bug.

• the solution was to go back to Snow Leopard. Everything was working when I was on that older OS.

• I have the same problem, also went back to osx leopard. So what´s to be fixed here? Vienna instruments or something else? I got the error messege about VI too, so I gues that´s the problem here.

• .. edit, too different an issue for this thread.